Day 2:

Sunday, October 23, 2011
What You Wore Today


I was thinking about what I wanted to shoot today and how I wanted to do it. The thing is, that after a self-portrait, I really didn't want to do another shot of me being awkward in front of the camera showing off what I wore today.  So, after thinking about the post some, I realized what I wanted to do.  Every day I strive to spend time with God, getting to know him better and meditating on scripture.  In the book of Ephesians, Paul encourages us to "Put on the full armor of God."  So, today, I "wore" the Sword of the spirit, which is the Word of God.  Shawn and I really enjoyed our service at church.  We studied Luke 6- How Jesus is the Lord of the Sabbath.  The pharisees got on to Jesus because he and his disciples were going through a field and picking and eating grain.  Jesus asked the pharisees a question:  "Is it lawful to do good or evil on the sabbath?  Is it better to save life or destroy it?"  So what did he do? He healed a man's withered hand.  I love how the Word can catch us off guard and show us some unexpected thing.  I love how the word teaches us things that we haven't really ever thought about before.  I love how the word gives us the encouragement to continue our day to day lives.  I love how the Word helps us to make war with the things are contrary to Scriptures.  Most of all, I love how the word points us to the Freedom that we have in Christ and the love that he has for us.  While i was a sinner, Christ died for me.  That is Good News. So today, I wanted to share the good news with you:) 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Follow jaclynbohanan on Twitter
 

© 2010 Jaclyn Bohanan Photography