30 Day Photography Challenge

Friday, October 21, 2011
  I think photography is awesome.  I don't care if you have fancy shmancy Digital SLR, a nice point and shoot, a crappy point and shoot, an iphone, a blackberry camera, or a Trusty yellow disposable like my Grandmama annabell carries! (Gah, i just love her.)  The beauty of photography is that you can FREEZE your memories.  I have the worst memory ever. I mean ever.  My cousin kelsey (who is the cutest flaming red head ever), always gets on to me because I can't really remember her childhood.  I can't remember my husband's birthday half the time, Where I put my camera lens cover, what I went in the kitchen to do, or what I did yesterday!  But what happens when I flip through the gazillions of pictures I've taken?  My memories flood back- (ok, maybe that's not gonna help me remember shawn's birthday) but it's still a Miracle. Photography Is a wonder....it may just be fun for some, a hobby for others, and professional work for a select crazy few.  But one thing holds us together...The power of a memory.
  Digital photography is so cool, especially because it's instant!  My sister takes a photo of my Cutie nephews and BAM! It's on Facebook within minutes for me to goggle over!  My Nephew titus puts about twenty toys on his little sister eden while she's in her stroller and I have a picture text to my phone that has me rolling in a giggle fit!  No more waiting 3 days for film to get developed...no more wasting money to get them printed out and only liking a select few.  NO. we get to choose the shots that make us look skinny and weed out the ones that make us look like we should have gotten a few more hours of sleep....  We can share our memories with our loved ones by text message, email, Facebook, instagram, and twitter!  I know this world has its flaws, but man. We are blessed to have so much access to our families and friends and their everday lives that have been sent for us to see:)
  Because I LOVE photography so much, I've been wanting to update my photography blog!  but since I'm working 10.5 everyday, I haven't been doing many photo sessions.  I don't really know many people in alabama either, so ya know, things are slow.  it's only for a season though, which is great.  But since I don't have any pictures of sessions, I want to work on a project.  My friend tiffany has inspired me to do the 30 day challenge.  I have enjoyed her photos thus far and really wanted to do something like that!  Much like her though, I know this 30 day thing is going to be difficult-especially with the schedule I got going on.  But, Here goes nothing!  Take a look at the challenge above!  Before the day is over, I shall post a Self-portrait (or at least post it by tomorrow:) haha)  love you guys!




 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Follow jaclynbohanan on Twitter
 

© 2010 Jaclyn Bohanan Photography