The S. Family!

Wednesday, November 16, 2011
(This story was written with the express permission of Paige, the mother of the S. Family. Thank you, Paige, for your heart to encourage others to work alongside these wonderful children and families!)


      This past weekend I had the privilege of photographing several families.  The first family that I got the treat of joining, was the S. Family.  With my camera and husband in tote, We arrived bright and early on saturday morning to lots of smiles, squeals, and excitement.
      Shawn and I met the S. Family through an organization called Hope Reach.  Shawn worked with Hope Reach as a Behavior Analyst that provides therapy for children with Autism.  You see, the S. Family's Oldest Son has autism.  Because of the love and support that they have for their son and for others in the same boat, They are MAJOR advocates for Autism awareness- Paige even works at the SC Autism Society!  You can find out more information about Autism on this website.

      When Shawn began working with Walker, they faced many challenges!  But with 2 years of intensive therapy and an AMAZING family who works with him daily, this child has made HUGE strides!  I was taken aback by the eye contact he was giving me, the way he was able to converse with me, and how well he did during the session!  We were working for "puss in boots, the movie", sprite, popcorn, chewing gum, and pajamas, of course! :) Whenever Walker wanted to give up, he was instantly energized by the reminder of these little treats!  
      I was immediately taken outside by him to explore the large wooded backyard and see the halloween pumpkin that had been left in the woods to become fertilizer:)  A miniature batman figurine joined us in our excursion!  During our trip, I DID manage to get the imaginary cops called on me by a play cell phone and this very imaginative child!   After we were through walking around & scouting the grounds, we were ready to take some pictures!  And let me tell you....the session was AMAZING.  We could not have had a successful session without the planning and hard work of Paige & Matt- the parents, and definitely not without my husband, the super ABA therapist, Shawn!  If you know any family with a child with autism, please send them my way.  I would love to schedule a session with them.

Meet walker- he is a champion.

Meet cale- He is the youngest and quite a goof!
In addition to Walker, the S. family has 2 more children who are Spectacular!  The youngest is a load of fun- so much energy and playfulness!  The oldest child, Erin is Amazing!  I got to see her in the nutcracker last year- she's a dancer and LOVES life as a ballerina! I was told she would spend all day at the studio if allowed.  Erin is a star! She was eager to strike a pose for me, and I'm looking forward to spring ballet photos with her!
Meet Erin- She is beautiful and spends her time in the dance studio!

The entire S. family- such love:)

Matt & Paige- The brave & dedicated Parents of a wonderful family.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Follow jaclynbohanan on Twitter
 

© 2010 Jaclyn Bohanan Photography