Day 4:

Tuesday, October 25, 2011
Day 4: Something Green

        In February of 2009, my dad,  and my now husband, shawn, met me in columbia and we took a trip to georgia together.  I had been living in Charleston, and my little black car was about shot.  Dad and I had been hunting for an SUV for me, and we finally found one I liked at a good price.  So, 4 hours later, I was the proud owner of a mazda tribute:)
       Today, October 25th (also the birthday of one of my best friends, sylvia harper),  was monumental in the life of my mazda tribute- she turned 100,000 :)  If you know the bohanans, though, you know that the tribute has a pretty great story already, even in her short life.  Ya see, She's only 2.5 years old and technically the wheels have driven 100,000 miles, but the engine has a lot less.  about a year ago, an accident happened--- involving a bad oil change...(i won't name names ;) and the Tribute's engine blew up!  I remember distinctly..... I got to exit 27 to go to Chick-fil-A of Simpsonville to work and my car stopped.  I mean it wouldn't start up at all.  I called 
chick-fil-A and within minutes I see my general manager, Matt Naylor, Parking his black truck  and four guys hopped out and were running up fairview road in their nice pants, dress shirts and ties!  They got to my car and pushed me down the hill of fairview road into the rite aid parking lot!  Now that's what I call 2nd mile service:)  The tribute got towed to a repair shop and we learned the bad news.   The engine had no hope.  So, We drove around a couple of loaner cars (thanks moms and dads) and finally saved up to buy a new engine.  Our mechanic, who is from guatemala, suggested we buy an engine online.  So, we took his advice and ended up getting quite a steal of a deal! 
       Since then, the tribute has literally been around the country.  This past summer, shawn and I took the trip of a lifetime, hauling a pop-up camper and site seeing on a loop for an entire month around the united states.  The tribute saw indianapolis, chicago, sioux Falls, The badlands, Mount rushmore, thermopolis, yellowstone national park, georgetown lake, Post Falls in Idaho, seattle, crater lake, the california redwoods, lake tahoe, vegas, the grand canyon, amarillo, and dallas texas!  You can read all about our trip on my personal blog here.  Make sure you check the archive all the way back to june- lots of pictures to see!  
       I'm so thankful for a good vehicle to shlep me to and from work, to take to visit my parents in Greenville and north augusta, to visit my sister and her family, my twin and his family, my big brother, and my dear friends.  I'm thankful that the engine blew up to allow shawn and I to be stretched in our faith---God proved himself faithful and sufficient for our needs.  I'm thankful that my dog has a car to hang his head out of, and I'm thankful that shawn and I will be paying The tribute off Very soon, thanks to a nice man called Dave ramsey!  haha:) So, on this very special day, I'd like to say happy birthday to my little grey tribute!  Happy birthday, Girl!  You're a star:)

The lizard was a birthday surprise from a geo-cache shawn took me on this year, and the shells were little gifts shawn gave me when we were dating!

  

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Follow jaclynbohanan on Twitter
 

© 2010 Jaclyn Bohanan Photography